1. We believe that feelings belong at work (because we’re human, hello) and by addressing and holding space for feelings, we get honest and real perspectives and have better outcomes.
2. We believe that all team members are people and human. We don't separate your "personal self" from your "professional self." You are one person and deserve to be treated as such.
3. We believe that everyone on the team can be a leader. Managers can learn just as much from their team members as team members can learn from their managers.
4. We believe in the importance of conscious conversations and open discussions when it comes to conflict, opposing views and feedback.
5. We believe that values and social impact goals belong in business, regardless of the industry or the company's mission statement.
6. We believe that systems of oppression exist in many institutions, especially in corporate business culture and we believe all businesses, especially small businesses have the opportunity and responsibility to dismantle these systems to create a better, more inclusive future for all.
Lead With an Open Mind.
Do Hard Things.
Own Your Actions.
Focus on Improving.
Progress Over Perfection.
To help business owners lead themselves so they can lead others.
We are striving to be an anti-racist business. We are constantly examining our conscious and subconscious beliefs and taking actions to build an equitable and inclusive space. This is life-long work and we are committed.
Here is how we are doing this:
1. Sharing our company values, beliefs and commitments with all clients and team members to ensure value alignment and safe spaces for our community.
2. Adding community agreements and assumptions for all new clients and team members to agree to and sign.
3. Participating in on-going anti-racism and DEI training and coaching support to continue to learn, unlearn and continue to work towards creating diverse, equitable and inclusive spaces.
4. Donating monthly to causes we care about and support. Currently we are donating to The Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund, which provides financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking therapy nationally.
5. Updating our values, beliefs and commitments as we continue on this journey.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.